Your Moment Blog Hop

 Welcome to Your Moment Blog Hop! I go live every Sunday. This week I am sharing a wedding I went to last week. This couple decided to have their wedding in a natural history museum. Morrill Hall is part of the University of Nebraska and you can rent out the museum for events.

 





It was a very casual and different wedding. The couple came down the "aisle" together. The bride has a brother and the groom has a sister. So the bride's brother stood next to her where the Maid of Honor would be and the groom's sister stood next to him where the Best Man would normally be.

The food was also casual. If you are not from Lincoln, Nebraska, then you are not going to be familiar with Amigos. It is mostly a fast-food Mexican restaurant, but you can get other stuff too.

They also had a local bakery bring in tarts.

Overall I had a good time, I enjoyed being at the museum and seeing the exhibits. I may have to consider looking into having our Christmas party here. I think the grandkids would enjoy that. I just hope it doesn't cost too much.

Time to share your family-friendly moment.


You are invited to the Inlinkz link party!

Click here to enter

Comments

  1. Anonymous5:39 AM

    It sounds like it was a great wedding. I love it when people think 'outside the box'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. We went to a wedding at our museum, which has great views. The pre dinner drinks were in the Bone Room - I loved it...gives you something to look at and talk about with people you don't know.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always enjoyed visiting Morrell Hall, named for the guy who created the land-grant university act, but I am worried it will all change with their plan to redesign all their exhibits. Never thought of it as a wedding location. Glad you had a good time there.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous4:49 AM

    What a fine oportunity of making photos in a Natural History Museum!
    I hope you enjoyed the moments. It looks delicious the tarts!
    Happy WW and a fine week!
    (Suzana - https://suzanamiu.blogspot.com/2023/05/o-miercuri-mai-lunga-si-aproape-fara.html)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That sounds like a cool and fun wedding. Looks like a beautiful place to have it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment